It’s grillin’ time again!
Fire up your grill and keep the heat outside – not in your kitchen. Here’s a few helpful tips to get you started on your way to a flavorful Summer:
- Marinade the meat. Use your favorite or find a new recipe. Let the meat soak for a few hours or overnight. Try adding a combination of sweet and heat to compliment the natural savory flavor from the meat. A tablespoon or two of maple syrup, honey or agave work great for the sweet – try a few chopped hot peppers or smashed garlic for the heat! Even simpler? Try some JJ’s Pantry Rubs & Seasonings; combine with a little olive oil, fruit juice, beer or wine; or use as a dry rub.
- Preheat the grill. Like an oven, it is important to preheat your grill to properly and efficiently cook your food.
- Use a thermometer. A thermometer is an essential tool to have while grilling – it is the only way to guarantee that your meat has been cooked to the adequate internal temperature to avoid the risk of potentially harmful bacteria. Using your finger to poke the meat is not a good source to rely on.
- Let it rest! This tip is very often overlooked. It is super temping to want to dig into your juicy steak or chicken breast as soon as it comes off the grill, but it is best to let it rest for approximately 5-10 minutes. Letting the meat rest gives the internal juices time to balance out evenly throughout the meat. Once you cut in, the juices will be in the meat . . . not on your plate!
- Try a new sauce. Try something new and refreshing like an herb sauce or a spicy BBQ sauce. Chimichurri is a grand addition to any meat and you would be surprised at how versatile it is! From chicken to steak, pork and quesadillas, it can really work with anything. We’ve got a dry Chimichurri Rub & Seasoning and a Garlic & Serrano Cooking Sauce . . . get grillin’ with JJ’s Pantry!
JJ’s Pantry: Real food. Real good. Real easy!
We offer all-natural gourmet food mixes and jarred items made from fresh Arizona grown fruits, veggies, nuts, herbs, spices and cheeses. Our product line includes Beverage Mixes, Dip and Dressing Mixes, Dessert Dip Mixes, Soup Mixes, Rubs and Seasonings, Quick Bread & Scone Mixes, BBQ and Cooking Sauces, Salsa, Chutney, Relish, Ketchup and Mustard.
Our mission at JJ’s Pantry is to offer healthy, affordable, great tasting alternatives to the mass produced, chemically treated products found in your local grocery store. We strive to create healthy products with versatility, enabling you to create tasty dishes for yourself and your family. We want meal planning and preparation to be less stressful for you, so you spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family.
Every product we offer is made fresh from locally grown, hand picked ingredients from southern Arizona including fruits, vegetables, herbs, and nuts. Our items are all additive and preservative free. We use 100% all-natural ingredients with absolutely nothing artificial – no fillers, no preservatives, no artificial flavors or colors! We offer products that are fat-free, no-salt or low-salt, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan. We manufacture and distribute out of beautiful Tucson, Arizona, and prepare your items fresh for you when you order.
And coming soon – If you are looking for a gift – we offer unique gift items for the food and wine lover, the music lover and the pet lover!
Look around the website and if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please feel free to email us at JJsPantry@hotmail.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Thank you for choosing JJ’s Pantry!
*** Our website is always improving . . . please check back often while we continue to upload new recipes, products, gift items, and much more! ***