- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 package JJ’s Pantry Carrot Soup Mix
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups thinly sliced or bite-size pieces assorted vegetables (like asparagus, bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, and zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Romano cheese
Rinse quinoa; thoroughly drain.
Heat quinoa and broth to boiling in 2-quart saucepan. Add Soup Mix; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until all broth is absorbed. Stir in cream cheese and basil.
Melt margarine in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic in margarine about 30 seconds, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in vegetables. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Toss vegetables and quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.