- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 1 large firm tomato, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 scallion, white parts only, minced
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, such as serrano, minced with seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 package JJ’s Pantry Creamy Curry Dip & Dressing Mix
- Several outer leaves of radicchio or butter lettuce, or about 3 cups shredded greens
In a mixing bowl, combine peas, chopped tomato, scallions, and green chili pepper; toss. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, yogurt and Dip Mix; mix well.
Present the salad in radicchio or butter lettuce cups, or mounded over a bed of shredded greens. May be served at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley chives.